Friday, January 8, 2016

You Make My Heart Smile - 2016 Valentine Card Series #1 (and a winner!)


Good morning, everyone! Welcome to the kickoff of my 2016 Valentine Card Series! All the cards I'll be making in this series will be going to the Cards From The Heart Drive benefitting the kids at Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. This drive is so near and dear to my heart. This will be my fifth year participating and I would LOVE to have you join us in making those sweet children's faces light up and forget about their illness for just one day.


For my card today, I wanted to bust out my brand-new Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens that I got with a gift cards from my birthday last September and for Christmas. I picked up the 48 set, but they are even sold individually so if you want to purchase just a few to start out with, you can do that at Butterfly Reflections, Ink.



I was also itching to use my new Mama Elephant Lunar Animals stamps and dies that my friend Kari sent me for Christmas. I paired this with the Lawn Fawn Merry Christmouse stamp set, which was an exclusive with Simon Says Stamp for Stamptember and is no longer available, but any cheese image you can get your hands on would work just as well. For my sentiment, I used Mama Elephant Cross My Heart stamped in Memento Luxe Rose Bud and Versafine Onyx Black

My patterned papers were from the Love Me 6x6 by My Mind's Eye, and I used both the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Circle Stackables and Stitched Scalloped Borders dies as well. The colors I used and all over info is included in the video. I hope you'll enjoy!

Please click the YouTube icon at the bottom right to watch it there in HD and don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! It really helps me out!


Also, please head over to my friend Winter's blog and find out all the details on how to participate in this amazing Cards From The Heart Card Drive. It's a fantastic opportunity to give some great kids a super fun-filled and loving Valentine's Day.

I'll be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New since I got to play with so many new crafty goodies on this card! And also in the Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes.

Last but not least, the winner of my Seasons Givings Blog Hop Prize Pack is Jeanne Jordan! Congrats Jeanne! I'll be in touch soon. Thanks to everyone who left me such awesome comments! I read and cherished every one. Big hugs!

Have a great day! Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. What a super sweet card, Christiana! I love the patterned papers you used and the coloring is just phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely DARLING, Christy! I woul like to warmly invite you to stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. Always Anything Goes, and our prize this week is $25 to Simon Says Stamp. I hope you will play along!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy! This card really is just SO darling. I am grateful beyond words that you accepted my invitation and stopped by to share in our challenge. I really hope that you will join us again soon. I look forward to seeing more of your amazingly sweet cards shared in our challenges. Have a wonderful week!
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      Delete
  3. You are so good at layering patterned papers! I am in awe. Your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found you. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Christiana, the little mouse is adorable and I love the papers and layout, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...