Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birthday Soccer Boy


Good morning! 
Today is a special day -- it's my hubby's birthday!
And special days call for special occasions, right?
And special occasions call for special tools - 
a chance to break out the good stuff.
And in this case I'm taking about the brand-new

Have you checked these babies out?
They are super awesome quality and blend like butter.
I was so nervous about using them because I'd never tried
coloring with pencils before, well, not since grade school anyway.
But these Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils
are just that -- so blendable they do all the work for you.
With just a few colors you can achieve such a soft, pretty look.

For today's card I used pencils #7, 8, 85, 88, 94, 
119, 120, 23, 62, 64, 77, 45, and 49 and I especially love
the hazy blue glow I achieved around the image. 
I've never been able to achieve that smooth depth of color with markers.

The image I used was the Angelica & Adam "Adam",
one of my go-to sets for all the soccer-crazed boys and men in my life.

I hope you enjoyed it!

Let me know what you think about the look of those pencils!

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...