Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's A Love Thing


From the moment I laid eyes on him
I knew.

Amazing to think that it's been
ten wonderful years
married to this man who
impresses me, cares for me,
inspires me, makes me laugh,
rescues me, loves me
each and every day.

A man like that
deserves a special card --
not too frilly, but still romantic,
a card that lets him know
he still sets my heart to flutter
everytime I look at him.


For my anniversary card,
I decided to go with classic, elegant black
with muted tones of silvery gray
and white.

I selected this patterned paper by
Best Occasions, trimmed it down to size,
and stamped my sentiment from
Stampology. Punched out an additional
black butterfly with an EK Success punch,
and adhered it with a mini glue dot in the center.


I then wrapped around some
American Crafts ribbon and attatched it
with my stapler in a criss-cross pattern.
I mounted this on black Bazzill cardstock,
added a button to my ribbon
and stickles to my mini butterfly.
(Glitter may be girly, but I couldn't resist!)



So, to celebrate
our ten years of wedded bliss,
my husband and I went away for
the weekend -- back to Fairlawn,
in fact. We had such a nice time on
our day trip this summer,
we decided to go back.

Which meant that I got to go to
Archivers, Hobby Lobby, and Pat Catan's!
So fun. I picked up some things that
had been on my wishlist for a long while,
including Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher
and refills, some baker's twine,
new stamps, my favorite Signo white gel pen,
plus...
Are you ready for it?
The Clip It Up!
Since I had two 30% off coupons,
my sweet hubby bought me the base unit
as my anniversary gift
and I bought myself the upper tier.
I put it together first thing when we got home
and I LOVE it!
I'll have to show pics another night.

We also had some GREAT food --
Five Guys burgers and fries (so yum)
and P.F. Changs -- bless the sweet Lord
for giving His creation the ability
to combine flavors like that!
Delicious just doesn't describe it.
If you ever get a chance to go to one -- do!

Well enough from me tonight.
Hope you all have a wonderful
day tomorrow!
Night-night.




14 comments:

  1. Hello - thanks for popping over to my lil wee blog and supporting the Caring Hearts Card Drive Blog Hop. Congrats on your first big milestone anniversary! 1-0! Wohoo.
    I love the color choice since it's a card to the hubster. also love how you snuck in a tad lil glitter on the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Congratulations on your anniversary! This is such a gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, how lovely is your card! I just love the butterfly and the ribbon is just perfect. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I love Five Guys and PF Changs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Happy anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Happy Anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! Your post got me all teary. :)))))) First off, congratulations to you both. Sounded like you had the perfect celebration. And craft shopping on your getaway??? Girly, he's a KEEPER!!!

    Now the card, it is beyond STUNNING!! ~~~~ I am drooling over it. Gotta add it to my list for future CASE. And that sentiment is perrrrrrrrfect. Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the one who is getting teary! You ladies are so, so sweet! I have the best blog readers out there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fabulous anniversary, so happy for you :-) This card is beautiful too, I am sure your hubby is proud of your talent and will treasure this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations... I am glad you were able to get away and have some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post and just as beautiful card. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great anniversary! I"m so happy you had fun! Five Guys AND P.F. Changs...two of my favorite places! Yum! Suddenly I'm craving lettuce wraps, hmmm.... Your card is just gorgeous, too! I'm sure your hubby loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your Tenth Anniversary, your post is so touching & romantic, and your card is truly beautiful, I'm now a new follower!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...