Friday, October 15, 2010

Have A Little Cake

Good morning, ladies!

Just a super-quick card
I whipped up last night for a
little girl in one of my sons classes
who is having a birthday party tonight.

Her name is Tillie, short for Matilda.
Isn't that sweet?
I figured such a sweetly named girl
needed a sweet card,
so that's exactly what I made.


I started with pink Bazzill cardstock folded
into a standard-sized card,
then trimmed out this "sweets" print
from DCWV to slightly smaller.
Adhered it with Tombow Permanant Dot
tape runner -- my go to adhesive.


I actually combined two different stamps to make
up my sentiment: "have a little cake" is by
Inkadinkado -- I stamped that first with
Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Pool.
Then I added the Penny Black "happy birthday!"
stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk
in Chestnut Roan.
Then I rounded the corners with my
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I added some pink polkadot ribbon
from Dashes, Dots, & Checks,
then adhered my sentiment overtop with dimensional
adhesive. To make the edges more defined,
I went around them with the side of my Copic
markers R20 and R24.



Couldn't hardly get much simpler. :o)

Have you seen my blog candy giveaway yet?
Make sure you scroll up and
find out how to enter!

Have a great weekend, all!


9 comments:

  1. So cute! You can never go wrong when cupcakes are involved, I say! :) Love all the fabulous pinks on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo yummy and soo cute! Love that patterned paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card, cheery and perky! Great use of DP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute~ Love that paper.. now I need to go make cupcakes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. what perfect paper for a little girl's birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks.... you've made me crave a cupcake!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...