Monday, January 25, 2010

Prompt Contest #24

This morning after I dropped the boys off at school, I had 2 1/2 hours to kill before I had to go back and pick up my youngest from preschool. I decided to head to my favorite "me time" place, Tim Horton's, to get a little writing in.

I'm working on a short story for Writer's Digest Magazine's Prompt Contest #24.

Prompt: Parents look on in horror as a magician's trick goes horribly awry during a child's birthday party.



Interesting, huh? I thought so. I got a spark pretty much right off the bat when I read it last Thursday, but I had to do a little internet research to ensure that my idea would work. I got about half of it on paper today before I had to make a grocery run, and I still feel jazzed about the rest.

If you're interested in entering, send your 750 words or less story to yourstorycontest@fwmedia.com or via the online submission form at writersdigest.com/yourstory. Entries must be pasted directly into the body of the email; attachments will not be opened. Don't forget to add your name and mailing address. One entry per person. Deadline is February 10th, 2010, so you've still got a little time to get it in there. The winner will be published in a future issue of Writer's Digest.

Who knows? For a couple hours of work, you just might see your name in print!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine this prompt going in all different directions. I can't wait to read your entry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...